Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DIY Halloween Peasant Dress Re Vamp



About a month ago I had made my daughter and my roommates daughter matching nightdresses from an old sheet to try out this peasant dress pattern from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mamas Blog before I made a similar one for a good friend. I love this pattern! It is simple to follow and alter.







After making a similar dress for my friend, which I will post next month, My roommate came home with three yards of awesome sparkly pumkiny amazingness. This began an epic trip to the fabric store to find a coordinating material. Well when I got there I found a perfect orange and black striped cotton and in the remnants bin a glittery purple tulle! 
I used the pattern from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom and added an extra layer with the tulle for the sleeves with a ruffle, and ruffled tulle hem. I also put a tulle bow on the sleeves of one dress and brought in the waist a little with a small dart on each side on the waist line. They turned out great and the girls looked great at the pumpkin patch.












Please Share it! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and creative! And your daughter is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Camille! Glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Popup Widget