Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thankful Thursdays


"Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life."
-Robert Louis Stevenson





Even through the greatest of tribulations there are numerous things and people we can be thankful for. The human condition is a story of; pursuits,dreams, hardships, challenges, life, laughter and triumphs. Today I am thankful, among so many other things, the challenges I have faced. Without them, I may not be the wife and mother I am now. There are so many lessons that always must be learned the hard way.

I did not always face my challenges with understanding. However, I am not disappointed. I have and still make mistakes. But the ahh ha moment that hopefully accompanies that time or blunder is usually worth the heartache, or pain. The pride of knowing something has been faced. That you survived. As long as you take the time to look around you will see how much there is to be thankful for even in the darkest times. 

I say bring on the challenge.





Please Share it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Popup Widget